Thursday 14 July 2011

Long car trips and sisters.

Lots of things have been happening since my last update, and this is literally the first time I've had internet access in over a week.
Alrighty then.
So, about the "long car trips" part of the title. Last week someone very close to my family died, and we had to travel down to Victoria for the funeral and to help tie up all the loose ends.
With the whole Tiger Airways-thing all the other airlines have jacked their prices up, and it was going to cost us a small fortune to fly down, so we had to drive. In total, I think we spent about 24 hours in the car each way; 18 hours driving, and another six hours sleeping off the side of the road in those rest stops along the way.
I won't go into details, but I think everything went as well as it could have, considering the circumstances. 

This also seems like a good opportunity to introduce my sister, since she was amazing throughout all this and made it all infinately easier.
Her name is Megan, and she is one of the most bizzare, but caring siblings anyone could ever ask for. She's in year 11, has never had a boyfriend, and spends most of her time playing the Elder Scrolls games. She is also terrific at distracting people from their problems. Really, if you're upset about something, spend five minutes talking to her and you'll forget you were ever unhappy. Well, for as long as you're talking to her at least.
She also has a really odd way of dealing with grief. Instead of breaking down and crying, or anything else people usually do she instead refuses to allow herself to think about it and throws herself entierly into whatever it is she is obsessed with at the time. This month she seems to have a thing with Creepypastas. She's trying to get me into them as well, and I have to say...I'm impressed! She linked me to things like the BEN DROWNED arg/story (sad we came into that one a bit late), various Slender Man blogs and vlogs, The Rake and other stuff. She tried to make me read the Suicide Mouse thing but I'm ashamed to admit I was freaked out by the title and refused to look at it. 
As is my nature with new and exciting things, I spent all night binge-researching all this stuff, and my God it's good. Sure I probably won't sleep for a week or two but it was all totally worth it. 


Alright, one last thing before I go. Blogger is finally cooperating and is allowing me to upload photos of my Skullkid outfit!


That's all for now.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment