Saturday 5 November 2011

Oh yeah, I have a blog

Whoops, forgot all about this. Again.

Oook. Where to begin.
Alright, so after my last post we drove back up to Brisbane to go search my parents' house again. Stupid car broke down on the way so we had to wait a few days in this place called Coonabarabran while it was being repaired. Nice Chinese restaurant there. Few typos in the menu though..."Scallops" were listed as "Scalpos" and "Lunch" was "Luch". And these weren't just on the menu; the massive sign outside was advertising 'Half-Price Luch".
Gave us a small laugh in any case.
So after that we arrived at the house, walked in the door...and then woke up days later in two different Queensland forests. I also had Megan's phone for some reason.
Got drunk while waiting for Brian to show up, and apparently started singing stuff in Sindarin and speaking like Alex from a Clockwork Orange before passing out and waking up with the world's biggest hangover.
Cue annoyed drive back down for "Operation Search House", take two.
We entered the house again, and thankfully weren't Timewarped out again. Maybe Slendy was off bothering somebody else.
So we searched again, and this time found some old-looking exercise book on the bench. Now I'm SURE that wasn't there when I was here a few months ago, so I'm assuming we had found that and moved it there before we were Timewarped. It looks like it was a diary kept by my mother when she was still living in Ireland. Reading it at first it seems like an ordinary, childish diary, but towards the end it seemed a bit...off. She seems anxious, and the third last page was taken up by a drawing of a crudely-drawn, multi-armed stick figure. Her last entry mentions something about going "Up to the hill" with a friend. After that it just...stops. Like on the last page there's a few ink blots at the top like someone thought about writing something but changed their mind as soon as the pen touched the paper. After that there's just a few dried water spots, and that's it.
...Did this thing go after my mother when she was still in Ireland? Is that why he came for them now? Did it really take thirty-odd years for it to catch up to her? Or is it just some huge coincidence?

Oh...and I also managed to take a photo of the wall in Megan's room. Probably nothing of use there. Good indication of her mental state even before that bastard took her. And no I have no idea where the hole in the roof came from.

I did manage to find what I was looking for, so we're basically just cruising around waiting for some sign of her. If this doesn't work I don't know what I'm going to do. 

And Roy, seriously convince your friend to move. Like, now. He's in danger and the longer he stays in one place the worse it's going to be. If you don't think he'll take you seriously, trick him into going on a road trip or something! Just anything to get him moving. 

4 comments:

  1. I know, I know I should, but...I'm no good at subterfuge. He'll know something's wrong, and neither of us have money for traveling anywhere. We're both going home for Thanksgiving. Maybe that will help? I don't know. I understand why he should leave, but I can't ask him to leave everything he's ever known because I MIGHT know what I'm talking about.

    Also, thank god you've explained what's going on. We've all been worried and scared, not to mention confused, and what has been going on with you. Try not to go to into more situations where you get slender-ported across time and space. Stay safe. Laters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ireland? Well, that's important. Slim Jim has had a big presence in Ireland for a long time, so that may be connected. I'd suggest, if possible, looking up on your family history.

    Did you search the hole in the roof? People have hidden notebooks and stuff up there before. Never know what you might find.

    Have you still got your mask and your gun? I'd highly suggest keeping them on you at all times. A few people have had good luck with masks, (Zero, Maduin, etc,) so that's always a good thing to have. As for the gun... that should be self-explanatory. I mean, it might not work on Wheatley, seeing how it's not a portal gun, but it's worth a shot.

    You've got a good head on your shoulders, Aly. Now go get your sister back, shoot Wheatley in the face and kick Too-Tall's otherworldly ass.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... I've always wondered why Slendy doesn't just kill the people who know.
    It's almost obvious; it seems like there's more of a motive for him than simply spreading his name. Stay alive, k? I'm rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post. I hope many people will get advantage from this post.Self Book Publishing.

    ReplyDelete